Conductive Education Bristol offer 1:1 and small group sessions for adults with Cerebral Palsy.
Sessions run for approximately 1-2 hours, weekly or fortnightly and are designed and tailored to each individual depending on what they would like to gain through the sessions. Their aims are broken down and each element required is worked on as well as the aim and functional skill itself. I.e. getting into and out of their wheelchair independently.
Sessions may include:
- Tasks working to develop fine motor skills
- Tasks working on gross motor skills in a lying, sitting, standing and walking position
- Developing transferring, standing and walking skills – with and without equipment
- Developing dressing / undressing skills
- Developing eating and drinking skills
- Developing self care skills
- Developing confidence and independence in everyday activities
- Developing problem solving skills